Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Dare To Be - Day 1

Dare to be FREE 1. What in your life is enslaving you? I really have to think hard about this one. I don't have an obvious sinful vice in my life right now - thank you Jesus. I had to ask myself: What am I allowing to steal my joy and what behavior patterns can I trace back to figure it out? What are some things I've been wanting to change? I have really been working on how I talk to my kids. Over the weekend, at the BLOOM conference, I realized how I need to take responsibility for my reactions to their behavior. No matter how irritating they are (and I need to ask myself why am I really so irritated as well), I am to show them the love of God. In the midst of their mistakes I am to love them like our Heavenly Father. I have to be a teacher, like Jesus, not an executioner of continuous punishment. How has my personality been guiding their behavior down the wrong paths? To sum it up, my lack of grace has been enslaving me. My pride - constantly criticizing, pointing out...

Dare To Be - Day 4

Dare to be PATIENT I've been reading and re-reading this one over and over. I can see now that I have been holding myself back from growing in the area of patience, because I don't believe I can be a truly patient person. I have my moments of victory, as I wait in a ridiculous line like it's nothing, or tell my kids to do something for the x-teenth time while keeping some sugar in my voice. The ladder is rare, but it happens. This devo isn't simply about keeping your thoughts and tongue captive while in traffic, but being patient in God's timing for all things. Not just as you wait on your food order, or your big break, but as you wait on Him. On His will. On His yes...or His no. 1. Where do you need to be more patient? I mostly need to be more patient in my parenting. I expect a lot from my kids, because I know they're smart. If I was more patient I would take advantage of teachable moments, rather than creating a moment to apologize for later. Also, ...